Dr Rajesh K N
MBBS, MD, DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist,
Trustwell Hospital and People Tree Hospitals,
Bangalore Medical College
MD – Medicine
Bangalore Medical College
DM – Neurology
G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi
1988 - 1994
Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore.
1994 - 1995
Victoria Hospital and Bowring & Lady Curzon Hospital, Bangalore
1996 - 1999
MD in General Medicine
Bangalore Medical College and its associated hospitals (Victoria Hospital and Bowring & Lady Curzon Hospital), Bangalore.
Department of Physical Medicine & Neuro-Rehabilitation (DPNR) , National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
Moulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) and G.B Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
Department of Neurology, NIMHANS
Dr.Rajesh K.N joined Narayana Hrudayalaya in 2003 as a Consultant Neurologist and initiated Neurology Outpatient & In-Patient services including Electrophysiology & Emergency Services.
Between 2003-2005 he also worked as a Neurologist at K.R Hospital, Kanva Diagnostics & Apollo Clinic, Bangalore.
At Narayana Hrudayalaya, he led the expansion of Neurology Department with a team of committed Neurologists with subspecialities in Epilepsy, Stroke, Intervention Neurology, Electrphysiology & Paediatric Neurology. As Head Of Department of Neurology and DNB Neurology Programme Coordinator, he initiated DNB Neurology in 2005.
Subject Expert & Mentoring
Dr.Rajesh K.N as Head of Department of Neurology gained recognition for Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Neurosciences in 2009 for Fellowship in Neurology, affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University. Dr.Rajesh K.N is recognized as an Subject Expert under Rajiv Gandhi University for Neurology Fellowship in 2012 and was invited as an Examiner for Neurology Fellowship at Bangalore Medical College & Research Centre.
People Tree Hospitals
In 2013 as the Chief of Neurology he Initiated Neurology Services at People Tree Hospitals, Yeshwanthpur. He continues to be associated with DNB Neurology Programme at Narayana Neurosciences as a Visiting Teaching Faculty. He was briefly associated with Narayana Netralaya as a Consultant Neurologist.
As a Hon. Secretary of Bangalore Neurological Society he served as an office bearer for 2 years between 2009-2011. He was also the Hon. Secretary of Karnataka Neurosciences Academy from 2013-2019.
In 2020 started services at Trustwell Hospitals, Bangalore as a Senior Consultant Neurologist.
Contributions to Medical Research and Education
1. Clobazam monotherapy in drug naïve adult patients with epilepsy. Mehndiratta MM, Krishnamurthy M, Rajesh KN, Singh G Seizure 2003 Jun; 12(4):226-8.
Department of Neurology, G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi 110002, India. [email protected]
2. Endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke using solitaire stent: Temporary endovascular bypass, a novel technique. Vikram Huded, KN Rajesh, S Netravathi, Rajesh Iyer. Department of Neurology, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Neurosciences, Bangalore, India. Neurology India, Year : 2011 | Volume : 59 | Issue : 3 | Page : 401-404
3. Primary angioplasty followed by chemical thrombolysis for carotid and middle cerebral artery occlusion (multimodality treatment) . Vikram Huded, K N Rajesh . Heart Asia 2012;4:25-26 doi:10.1136/ Heartasia-2012-010096
4. Co-Guide for Dissertation : Assessment of Cognitive Function before & after CABG, 2010. Dr.Renu Khamesra ( DNB Neurology, 2007-2010)
5. Bow hunter’s Stroke – A rare presentation of CV Junction Anomaly: Case report Neurology India | Sep-Oct 2012 | Vol 60 | Issue 5 Sathwik Raviraj Shetty, Banuprakash Albur Shankaraiah, Thimappa Hegde, Rajesh Karalumangala Nagarajaiah, Department of Neurosciences, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Neurosciences.
6. Intra-arterial Thrombolysis-Indications, Window period, & Therapeutic Outcome. Poster Presentation at IANCON Bangalore, 2006
7. Guide for Dissertation : Clinical & Electrophysiologic Correlation in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , 2014 . Dr Syed Moeed Zafer ( DNB Neurology , 2011-2014)
8. COVID-19 Related Strokes are associated with increased mortality and morbidity: A multi-center comparative study from Bengaluru, south India Int J Stroke 2020 Oct 9
1. “Approach to Optic Neuritis by a Neurologist” – CME – Eye & Systemic Diseases, Narayana Netralaya , 24th September, 2006
2. Medical Management of Stroke – Family Physicians Association-Bangalore, on 26.3.2006
3. Update on Medical Management of Acute Stroke- St.John’s Medical College, Bangalore on 18.3.2009
4. Approach to a patient with Seizure- Anekal, IMA, 2009
5. Approach to an Young Individual with Stroke- Medical Education & Research Trust (MERT) 31st CME in Internal Medicine, 6.10.2009
6. Stroke burden, Etiology & outcome , Stroke Update 2012, Bangalore Neurological Society, 1.4.2012
7. Discussant as a Neurologist at Bangalore Neurological Society annual CPC, December 2009
1. Bangalore Neurological Society, Bangalore (BNS) member since 2002. BNS is a registered Organization of Neuroscientists of Bangalore which includes Neurologists, Neurosurgeons & other Neurosciences Allied Specialists of Bangalore. Served the BNS society as its Secretary for 2 years from 2009-2011.
2. Indian Epilepsy Association, Bangalore Chapter (IEA-LKB 199)
3. Member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN- LM-586) since 2002.
4. Indian Stroke Association (ISA-LM-390) since 2010
5. Member & office bearer of Karnataka Neurological Association (KNA) since 2012. KNA is a registered Organization of Neuroscientists of Karnataka which includes Neurologists, Neurosurgeons & other Neurosciences Allied Specialists of Karnataka. Dr.Rajesh K.N is the present Secretary of KNA since 2012
6. Member of Karnataka Medical Council ( KMC 40830)